Wednesday, July 29, 2009

In the beginning...

Why blog? What would I say? What do I have to contribute to the ever-growing blogosphere?

I'm still not sure.

And that's the point. I am a person that has struggled with the questions of spirituality throughout much of my life. I have experimented with Catholicism, Yoga, Calvinism, Buddhism, Quakerism, Theism, Taoism, Scientology and 12-Step Spirituality. I once considered purchasing a book about Zoroastrianism.

I have so many questions and so few answers, even though I pretend that I've got everything together. I plan to use this as a place to wrestle with my quest for the divine. I don't want to resent my past anymore. I want to seek peace. I am not foolish enough to think that I will ever have "it" all figured out ("it" being the Truth). I just want to find my path.

I also don't want to sound like a petulant child or a whinny teenager, so I am hopeful that this will not turn into a maudlin bitch fest about meaninglessness.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment