Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lessons from the Floor, Volume 1


  • My cat LOVES when I meditate.
  • TV is the enemy of mindful living.
  • It does not take a lot of time to begin to notice the postive effects of zazen.
  • The above bullet point is true, even if I only practice three times in two weeks.
  • When I focus on my breath, the moment and my posture, I become peace. My cat and my clients have noticed this.
  • While practicing, my thoughts/feelings frequently wander to deciding to become a vegetarian.

Okay, so I'm doing my best to not turn this into an apology, as apparently faithfulness to a spiritual practice is a very difficult thing to develop. My previous post asserts that any time dedicated to mindfulness will be fruitful and I have found this to be true. I will continue to move forward with my practice and live with intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment